Thursday, February 11, 2010
womens role in todays culture
I feel the role of women in today's culture varys in different situations. We still don't make as much as a man even if doing the exact same job with the exact same qualifications. So in that sense we still have a ways to go to be treated as equals. I still feel women are pushed into the role of 'stay at home mom'. We are supposed to cook and clean and take of the children while then men go out and make the money and provide for the family. However, todays women are breaking through that stereotype and making more money at times than thier husbands. Men are known to now stay home and care for the children but I don't feel the roles will ever fully reverse. Women have come a long way.. and who knows maybe in the future we will all be "equals" but I still feel women have a ways to go
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment